First of all, the question is not “Should tall women wear heels?” It is why we should – because my answer is that yes, by all means, you should! And, secondly, you don’t have to if you don’t want to… but if you do, there is nothing to stop you. Why?
- Because it is ultimately your choice. It is up to you to decide whether you like heels or not; whether you want to walk in them or just boost your self-confidence at a party; whether you find them comfortable or not. For whatever reasons you want/don’t want to wear them, this is absolutely fine.
- If someone tells you that tall women should not wear heels, ask them why. Then wait for their answer. Because heels make you look taller? Honestly, whether you are 6’1″ or 6’4″, likelihood is people already look up to you anyway, so what difference do a few inches make?
- When you wear heels, it makes you feel different. In a good or a bad way, depends on you!
- If you are shy, self-aware and lack confidence, it may make you feel awkward. You may feel like everyone is staring at you. They may well be, but hey, they do that anyway when they see a tall girl… so at least give them something to stare at!
- If you are the kind of girl who doesn’t care (whether through character, or have come to this point through life experience), then all you need to make sure is that you like what you wear. Whether others approve or not: not your problem. Unless you have a particular dress code to adhere to, at work for instance, or a particular occasion that does not welcome women standing out (although you may decide to challenge that, too!). You wear what you wear because of you, not for other people. So be your own judge and stand by your choice. Do not let others spoil it.
- Wearing heels naturally makes your posture better. It forces your body to stand tall and walk differently. Whether you mean it or not, wearing heels makes you look more determined and confident (even if you are not). So don’t try to hide (you are tall, so wearing heels won’t help you disappear), or slouch (if you are suddenly feeling shy), as you simply won’t be able to.
- Prepare to amaze. And enjoy it. For some bizarre reason, men adore it when tall women wear heels. For some of them it is a fetish, for others – simply personal preference. For whatever reason they do, bear in mind that the reaction you will gather amongst men will most likely be adoration.
- Prepare for jealous/disapproving looks. Don’t forget that we, women, can be bitches. If there is something we don’t have, we are sometimes jealous (whether we admit it or not). As a tall woman, the likelihood is that there are not many of your kind around you… so you will stand out even more and will see green eyes around you. Just wink at them and carry on.
- Walk tall, walk proud and wear what you want to wear. For yourself.